Participation in State Fair is yet another exciting opportunity for Positive Youth Development
NOTICE: Fair season is Flu season. Please see the following links for updated swine and variant influenza materials.
The emphasis for Cornell Cooperative Extension’s 4-H Youth Development involvement at State Fair is to provide youth 8 – 19 years of age with opportunities to:
- Be recognized for their accomplishments: display what they have learned; enhance individual learning and skill development; learn and recognize standards for quality project work; apply research-based subject matter to everyday life experiences, and receive recognition for a job well done.
- Present an accurate, contemporary image of 4-H as a relevant, year-round non-formal educational program for youth of all backgrounds and interests.
- Attract youth and adults to become involved in the 4-H program.
- Educate the public about selected subject matter and issues, particularly those related to the expertise of Cornell University and the 4-H Youth Development program.
- Provide opportunity for volunteers to develop and demonstrate their leadership abilities through planning and conducting the F
- Provide FREE family fun.
- Promote public awareness of the 4-H program through a showcase of 4-H Youth in Action, as well as exhibits of 4-H project work.
4-H events and activities at the New York State Fair are an extension of educational programs conducted by 4-H youth development programs in counties throughout New York State within the mission mandate areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Applied Math), Healthy Living, and Civic Engagement. They are designed to complement and supplement County, District and other State activities. (For some events there are also related Regional and National Programs, which follow State Fair.)
4-H programs and activities at State Fair are under the supervision of 4-H Program Coordinators, campus specialists, and county Cornell Cooperative Extension 4-H Staff, with assistance from volunteer leaders and parents.